Rock Canyon Campground

Distance: 5.6 Miles
Elevation Gain: 1630 Feet
Difficulty: Moderate
Location: Provo, UT

Great trail for hiking, trail running, and snowshoeing. This trail can be used during all seasons of the year! Also, there is a cool cave about 1.5 miles into the trail. When we first saw the cave, I couldn't wait to get in and explore! My husband Daniel, the more logical of the two of us on adventures, wasn't sure about me walking more than 10 feet into the cave we knew nothing about. While I was explaining all of the great reasons to explore the cave, we heard some unexpected voices that made me jump 5 feet. (But I probably didn't jump that high because my head would have hit the top of the cave). Anyways, the voices said "the cave ends back here, come on in." So we got to explore the entire small cave and meet some other hikers!

small entrance to a cave

small and snowy entrance to a cave

mountain canyon with the sun setting over a lake

Check out my blog about hiking past this cave to get to Squaw Peak: Squaw Peak Hike

Comments

Popular Posts